The Washington Post. Leading with trust: Why we let our teens have some phone freedom…..
Interview with Cathy Lewis Hearsay, WHVR
Lack of sportsmanship by adults at kids’ games sets a horrible example
Written by Scott Jennings | USA Today
I went to a White Sox vs. Orioles baseball game recently and left appalled by the lack of sportsmanship. The players acted appropriately, but a team manager exhibited shocking behavior.
In the second inning, the Orioles’ manager jumped from his dugout to berate the umpires, convincing them to throw a White Sox player out of the game. The player in question was good — it was a definite advantage to have him tossed — but he probably wasn’t ready for that kind of major league treatment.
He is, after all, just 9 years old. READ FULL ARTICLE
Using Your Humanity When Doing Therapy with Teens
Interview with Juliet Austin
Businesses in Bloom
Click here to listen to an interview addressing the need to offer teenagers a more sensitive, authentic and user-friendly service than they typically find.
Respect and Accountability in Parent - Teenager Relationships
Click to hear a one hour talk for parents of teenagers discussing:
- why teenagers are so anxious and how we can help them
- whether the conventional benchmarks for success are helping us guide our teens, or need updating
- the challenges of expressing compassion for your teen while also holding her accountable for her choices
- dealing with loss of control or loss of connection in your relationship with your teenager
- engendering respectful treatment from your teen
Bolstering the self-esteem of a kid who hates sports
Ask a question or request an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital.